*All dance teams will perform a routine no longer than 2 ½ minutes consisting of all music. (exception: OPEN DIV. & STEP DIV. ) Need to have at least 4 members. If you enter 2 routines, then $25 entry fee for 1st routine and $10.00 entry fee per participant for 2nd routine. This does not apply to Solos, group stunts, duets, trios or Dance Leaders.
1. All school teams must consist of official members governed by their school and school district. SUBSTITUTIONS may be made in the event of an injury or other serious circumstance. However, all substitutions must be pre-approved by CHEERS! Inc.
2. One representative from your group will be responsible for running your music during the competition. This person is required to stay at the sound table for the team’s entire performance. Bring two CDs of your music. (at some events we will have an aux. chord to use your ipod or phone-- please make sure your phone case is off so the adapter can be plugged in) In the event that your routine is interrupted due to failure of the Cheers! Inc. equipment, you may restart your routine. If the interruption is the result of your equipment, supplies, personnel or injury, you may either continue the routine from the interruption or withdraw from the competition.
3. Routines and music must be appropriate for family viewing. Any vulgar or suggestive movements, words, or music may result in a deduction.
4. Poor sportsmanship will NOT be tolerated from performers, coaches, or parents. This can result in not only a deduction, but a complete withdrawal from the competition with no fees returned. Please discuss the importance of good sportsmanship with your participants and your parents before the competition. LET’S HAVE FUN AND NOT RUIN THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT!!!!
5. All participants must submit a signed waiver form prior to performing, NO EXCEPTIONS!
SAFETY GUIDELINES (Schools- We will allow dance moves that are allowed by Varsity Brands and Jam Brands) 1.All drops from a jump, standing position or inverted position are prohibited unless the majority of the weight is first put on the hands/feet in order to lessen the impact of the drop. This includes drops to the seat, knee, thigh, front, back and split position. 2.Shoes are recommended but not required. Wearing socks only is prohibited. 3.Tumbling is allowed in all dance divisions as long as one hand, foot or body part remains in constant contact with the performance surface. These skills can be performed individually or in combination. Airborne skills are not allowed when hip-over-head rotation occurs.*Exception* All-stars (follow USASF guidelines)
Allowed: (forward/backward rolls; shoulder rolls; cartwheels; headstands; handstands; backbends; front/back walkovers; stalls; head spins; windmills; kip up)
Not Allowed: (dive rolls; round-offs; front/back handsprings; front/back tucks) *Exception* All-stars and Solos/Duets and Trios (follow USASF guidelines)
4.Dance lifts are allowed